I PERSONALLY RECOMMEND YOU TO READ THIS PAGE TILL LAST & I CAN BET U WILL CLEAR ALL YOUR DOUBTS ABOUT THIS ENTRY.
VACANCIES PER COURSE :
will be Notified by Line Directorate (Twice in a Year)
AGE LIMIT :
18 to 42 years
A candidate should be:
1. An Indian citizen, or
2. A subject of Nepal, or
3. A subject of Bhutan,
4. Tibetan refugees migrated to India before January 1, 1962 and currently permanent residents, are also eligible to apply, or
5. A person of Indian Origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Burma, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, Zambia, Malawi, United Republic of Tanzania etc
The candidates belonging to ii), iii), iv) and v) should produce “Certificate of Eligibility”. The eligibility certificate is not required in case of Gorkha subjects of Nepal.
EDUCATION QUALIFICATION :
Candidate must be a Graduate from a recognised university.
Candidate will be subjected to :
(a) One month basic training in the first year of commission.
(b) Two months annual training camp every year including the first year.
(c) Three months Post Commissioning training within first two years at
TYPE OF COMMISSION :
permanent commission (PC) –
In this commission a person can work up to his retirement.
short service commission (SSC) –
In this commission a person can work only for 10 years, or can extend his service up to 14 years.
MARTIAL STATUS :
Unmarried / Married.
FOR IST OFFICER RANK Lt. and their equivalent ranks in Air force and Navy.
(i) Fixed Stipend for Cadet Training :
Stipend to Gentlemen or Lady Cadets during the entire duration of training in Service academies i.e. during training period at IMA and OTA is Rs 56,100/-p.m.*
(ii) On Successful Completion Of Training you will start earning your full salary, which is in between Rs 56,100 – Rs 1,77,500.
Method Of Selection :
Civilian candidates (candidates Graduated from a recognized University & employed in Central Govt/Semi Govt./ Pvt Firm/Own Business) :
1. The Candidates are Screened by a Preliminary Interview Board (PIB) held at all TA Group Headquarters.
PIB consist of a written test followed by an interview only if passed in written test.
2. Candidates Selected by PIB should Provide brief bio-data which include details about employment in Central govt/ semi govt/Pvt. Firm/Own Business with monthly income from all sources Immediately after PIB.
3.Successful Candidates will have to undergo through Service Selection Board (SSB).
4. If a candidate is able to clear SSB, then he had to undergo Medical Examination before getting finally selected.
For Ex service Officers:
1. Ex-Service Officers whose application forms are found correct will be called directly for interview (SSB) and will be screened by the Army Headquarters Selection Board (ASB) held at Additional Directorate General Territorial Army.
2. Those who got selected will undergo a Medical test, before final selection.