I PERSONALLY RECOMMEND YOU TO READ THIS PAGE TILL LAST & I CAN BET U WILL CLEAR ALL YOUR DOUBTS ABOUT THIS ENTRY.
THIS ENTRY COMES UNDER CDSE ( combined defence service examination).
OTA – Officer Training Academy
SSC – Short Service Commission
VACANCIES PER COURSE :
175 (Twice a year)
AGE LIMIT :
Candidate must be 19 to 25 yrs old.
Important points :
- The date of birth accepted by the office is that entered in the Matriculation or an equivalent examination certificate.
- No other document relating to age will be accepted and no subsequent request for its change will be considered or granted.
A candidate should be:
1. An Indian citizen, or
2. A subject of Nepal, or
3. A subject of Bhutan,
4. Tibetan refugees migrated to India before January 1, 1962 and currently permanent residents, are also eligible to apply, or
5. A person of Indian Origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Burma, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, Zambia, Malawi, United Republic of Tanzania etc
The candidates belonging to 2, 3, 4 and 5 should produce “Certificate of Eligibility”. The eligibility certificate is not required in case of Gorkha subjects of Nepal.
EDUCATION QUALIFICATION :
Candidate must be Graduated from Recognised University.
MARTIAL STATUS :
Candidate must be Unmarried.
TRAINING PERIOD :
A candidate cannot marry until they complete their full training, A candidate who marries during training shall be discharged and will be liable to refund all expenditure incurred on him/her by the Government.
Type Of Commission :
Short Service Commission.
Q) What is short service commission?
ans) In order to understand this question, firstly you must know that there are two types of commission in Army, Air force or Navy i.e :
permanent commission (PC) –
In this commission a person can work up to his retirement.
short service commission (SSC) –
In this commission a person can work only for 10 years, or can extend his service up to 14 years.
FOR IST OFFICER RANK Lt. and their equivalent ranks in Air force and Navy.
(i) Fixed Stipend for Cadet Training :
Stipend to Gentlemen or Lady Cadets during the entire duration of training in Service academies i.e. during training period at IMA and OTA is Rs 56,100/-p.m.*
(ii) On Successful Completion Of Training you will start earning your full salary, which is in between Rs 56,100 – Rs 1,77,500.
Method Of Selection :
1. First you have to give OTA exam.
2. If qualified in exam you will undergo interview (SSB).
3. If you cleared SSB also then u will ave to undergo a Medical Examination.
4. At last all things is on Merit list.
PHYSICAL STANDARDS :
About Tattoos :
- Permanent body tattoos are only permitted on inner face of forearm i.e
from inside of elbow to the wrist and on the reverse side of palm/back (dorsal) side
- Permanent body tattoos on any other part of the body are not acceptable.
- Tribes with tattoo marks on the face or body as per their existing custom and traditions will be permitted on a case to case basis.
The minimum acceptable height for male condidate is 157.5 cm.
- For Gorkhas and individuals belonging to hills of North-Eastern region of India, Garhwali and Kumaon, the Minimum acceptable height will be 5 cms less.
- In case of candidates from Lakshadweep, the minimum acceptable height can be reduced by 2 cms.
HEIGHT AND WEIGHT STANDARD
HEIGHT IN CM
|18 years||20 years||22 years|
THERE ARE MANY THINGS IN MEDICAL EXAMINATION, AT PRESENT YOUR FOCUS SHOULD BE ONLY ON WRITTEN TEST & INTERVIEW.
OTA (NON-TECHNICAL) Exam Notification :
will be published in the months of Jul and Nov.
will be published in Employment News and leading Daily news Paper.