I PERSONALLY RECOMMEND YOU TO READ THIS PAGE TILL LAST & I CAN BET U WILL CLEAR ALL YOUR DOUBTS ABOUT THIS ENTRY
Q) What does a officer do in information technology branch?
ans) officer in this branch perform duties such as :
- Administration of cyber security incident response and cyber forensics.
- Management of critical naval networks and software applications.
- Implementation of enterprise-wide networking and software development projects.
AGE LIMIT :
19.5 – 25 years.
A candidate should be:
1. An Indian citizen, or
2. A subject of Nepal, or
3. A subject of Bhutan,
4. Tibetan refugees migrated to India before January 1, 1962 and currently permanent residents, are also eligible to apply, or
5. A person of Indian Origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Burma, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, Zambia, Malawi, United Republic of Tanzania etc
The candidates belonging to ii), iii), iv) and v) should produce “Certificate of Eligibility”. The eligibility certificate is not required in case of Gorkha subjects of Nepal.
EDUCATION QUALIFICATION :
Candidate Should be either completed or in the final year in an AICTE recognised university with one of the following education qualification :
- Information Technology
- Computer Science Engineering
- Computer Engineering
also candidate should have obtained a minimum 60% marks till 5th/7th semester.
The candidate is required to pass final examination with minimum 60% before joining INA. The candidates failing to meet minimum cut off %age will not be permitted to join.
Type Of Commission :
Candidate is eligible only for Short Service Commission.
permanent commission (PC) –
In this commission a person can work up to his retirement.
short service commission (SSC) –
In this commission a person can work only for 10 years, or can extend his service up to 14 years.
TRAINING PERIOD :
Selected candidates will be inducted as officer in the rank of Sub Lieutenant. Candidates will undergo 22 weeks of Naval Orientation Course at Indian Naval Academy followed by professional training at various Naval Training Establishments/ Units/Ships.
Candidate found married or marries while undergoing training will be discharged from service. He shall be liable to refund full pay& allowances drawn by him and any other expenditure incurred by the Government.
MARTIAL STATUS :
Candidates will be given a stipend equal to Half Basic Pay of the Rank, for the period from date of appointment to date of reporting at Naval Academy, this total amount will be given to the candidate when he joins the naval academy.
The individuals will be entitled to normal pay and allowances which is in between Rs 56,100 – Rs 1,77,500 from the day the training starts.
PHYSICAL STANDARDS :
Minimum height for male is 157 cm
Minimum height for female is 152 cm
Candidates from the following regions are granted relaxation in height.
1. Gorkhas, Nepali, Bhutan, Sikkim & north-east region :
male – 154 cm & female – 149 cm
2. Islands, Lakshadweep Minicoy (locals):
male – 152 cm & female – 147 cm
EYE SIGHT :
Minimum acceptable vision standards for distant vision is 6/60 in both eyes, correctable
with glasses to 6/6 in better eye & 6/12 in worst eye.
Candidate should not be colour/night blind.
About Tattoos :
- Permanent body tattoos are only permitted on inner face of forearm i.e
from inside of elbow to the wrist and on the reverse side of palm/back (dorsal) side
- Permanent body tattoos on any other part of the body are not acceptable.
- Tribes with tattoo marks on the face or body as per their existing custom and traditions will be permitted on a case to case basis.
Method of Selection :
- Eligible candidates applying for entry will have to appear before a Naval Campus Selection Team for interview.
- The Candidates qualifying the campus interview will be shortlisted for SSB interview.
- If a candidate is able to clear interview, then he will have to undergo Medical Examination.
- If a candidate is also medically fit, then at last he had to Wait for Merit List, which will decide final selection of candidate into navy.