I PERSONALLY RECOMMEND YOU TO READ THIS PAGE TILL LAST & I CAN BET U WILL CLEAR ALL YOUR DOUBTS ABOUT THIS ENTRY.
VACANCIES PER COURSE :
60 (As Notified) (Once a Year).
18 to 24 years.
Important points :
- The date of birth accepted by the office is that entered in the Matriculation or an equivalent examination certificate.
- No other document relating to age will be accepted and no subsequent request for its change will be considered or granted.
(i)a citizen of India or
(ii) a subject of Nepal or
(iii) a subject of Bhutan or
(iv) a Tibetan refugee who came over to India before the 1st January 1962 with intent ion of Permanently setting in India.
(v) a person of Indian origin who migrated from Pakistan, Myanmar, Sri Lanka and East African countries like Kenya, Uganda, United Republic of Tanzania, Zambi, Malawai, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of Permanently settling in India. Provided that a candidate belonging to categories (ii), (iii), (iv) and (v) above shall be a person in whose favor a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India. Certificate of eligibility will however not be necessary in the case of candidate who are Gorkhas subject of Nepal.
Educational Qualification :
Candidates studying in the Pre-Final year of the Engineering Course in recognized Universities/Institution/Colleges will be eligible to apply but must possess the education qualification at the time of joining training.
TRAINING PERIOD : 1 year
(a) Selected candidates for UES Course will be detailed for training at Indian Military Academy, Dehradun according to their position in the final order of merit, discipline wise upto the number of vacancies available at the time.
(b) Engineering graduates will be granted Short Service Commission and will be entitled to draw pay and allowances. Pay and allowances will be paid after successful completion of training.
(c) A candidate cannot marry until they complete their full training, A candidate who marries during training shall be discharged and will be liable to refund all expenditure incurred on him/her by the Government.
Q) What Is Short Service Commission ?
ans) In order to understand this question, firstly you must know that there are two types of commission in Army, Air force or Navy i.e :
permanent commission (PC) –
In this commission a person can work up to his retirement.
short service commission (SSC) –
In this commission a person can work only for 10 years, or can extend his service up to 14 years.
(e) Training at IMA will be at Govt expenses.
MARTIAL STATUS :
FOR IST OFFICER RANK Lt.
(i) Fixed Stipend of Rs 21000 will be paid to the candidate for the last one year of their final year of Engineering.
(ii) Candidate will start earning their full salary, which is in between Rs 56,100 – Rs 1,77,500 during training at IMA.
METHOD OF SELECTION:
Candidates will put through two stage selection procedure.
Stage 1 :
- Received online applications of candidates will be forwarded to respective Command HQ rs (Head Quarters).
- Preliminary Screening test will be held in respective Command HQ.
- Preliminary selection of prospective candidates studying in the Pre – Final Year (Engineering) will be made by selection teams detailed by Command HQ for holding preliminary interviews at University/ College.
- Only shortlisted eligible candidates will be interviewed at Selection Centres, Allahabad (UP), Bhopal (MP), Bangalore (Karnataka) and Kapurthala (Punjab) by Psychologist, Group Testing Officer and Interviewing Officer.
- Call Up letter for SSB interview will only be issued through candidate’s registered e-mail id and through SMS.
- Those who clear Stage I will go to Stage II & Those who fail in Stage I will be returned on the same date.
Stage 2 :
- Duration of SSB interviews is five days excluding day of arrival.
- Selected Pre-final year students would be granted Short Service Commission on probation from the date of their joining the final year class.
- After successful completion of degree course the candidates finally selected will be admitted for Pre- Commission training at Indian Military Academy (IMA), Dehradun for a period of 12 months.
UES EXAM NOTIFICATION :
Will be published in the month of jun/july
Will be published in Employment News and leading Daily news Paper.