I PERSONALLY RECOMMEND YOU TO READ THIS PAGE TILL LAST & I CAN BET U WILL CLEAR ALL YOUR DOUBTS ABOUT THIS ENTRY.
Q) What is NDA ?
ans) NDA ( national defence academy) is actually a defence college where future officers are trained. one has to clear a written test followed by an interview & then medical & at last must come in merit list for joining academy. one can select field (army ,airforce , navy) in which he is interested.
Q) What is NA ?
ans) NA stands for Naval academy Ezhimala, it also train future officers but only for navy.
While filling up form a candidate is provided with four options i.e ARMY, AIR FORCE, NAVY, INDIAN NAVAL ACADEMY (INA) , candidate can select the wing in which he is interested to go.
- If a candidate select ARMY, AIR FORCE, NAVY he will spend first three years at NDA (khadakwasla) and then last year of training at IMA, AFA & INA respectively.
- If a candidate select INA he had to spend all four years at INA.
VACANCIES PER COURSE :
320 (Twice a year)
Army – 208
Air Force – 70
Navy – 42
AGE LIMIT :
16 ½ to 19½ yrs as on first day of the month in which course is due to commence.
Important points :
- The date of birth accepted by the office is that entered in the Matriculation or an equivalent examination certificate.
- No other document relating to age will be accepted and no subsequent request for its change will be considered or granted.
A candidate should be:
1. An Indian citizen, or
2. A subject of Nepal, or
3. A subject of Bhutan,
4. Tibetan refugees migrated to India before January 1, 1962 and currently permanent residents, are also eligible to apply, or
5. A person of Indian Origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Burma, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, Zambia, Malawi, United Republic of Tanzania etc
The candidates belonging to 2, 3, 4 and 5 should produce “Certificate of Eligibility”. The eligibility certificate is not required in case of Gorkha subjects of Nepal.
TYPE OF COMMISSION :
Q) What is permanent commission?
ans) In order to understand this question, firstly you must know that there are two types of commission in Army, Air force or Navy i.e :
permanent commission (PC) –
In this commission a person can work up to his retirement.
short service commission (SSC) –
In this commission a person can work only for 10 years, or can extend his service up to 14 years.
EDUCATION QUALIFICATION :
FOR ARMY WING :
Candidate should have passed or studying in 12th class.
FOR NAVAL & AIR FORCE WING :
Candidate should have passed or studying in 12th class with physic and math.
Training Period :
Training at NDA is of 3 years, first two and half years is common to the cadets of three wings and for the last half year they will be trained differently depending upon their wings.
- After finishing their training at NDA cadets are sent for further training at their respective training centers according to their wings i.e
The cadets of Army service are sent to the IMA (Indian Military Academy),
Cadets at IMA are known as Gentlemen Cadets and are given training for a period of one year, After successful completion of their training Gentlemen Cadets are granted Permanent Commission in the rank of Lt. (first officer rank in army)
The cadets of the Naval service are sent to INA (Indian Naval Academy), They are also trained for a period of one year after successful completion of their training they are awarded rank of Sub Lieutenant (first officer rank in navy)
The cadets of the Air force service are sent to the AFA (Air force Academy) which is in Hyderabad, Cadets are trained for a period of one and half year. However at the end of 1 year of training they are given provisional Commission in the rank of Flying Officer
on successful completion of further six months they are ranted permanent commission. (first officer rank in air force)
A candidate cannot marry until they complete their full training, A candidate who marries during training shall be discharged and will be liable to refund all expenditure incurred on him/her by the Government.
MARTIAL STATUS :
Candidate must be Unmarried.
FOR IST OFFICER RANK Lt. and their equivalent ranks in Air force and Navy.
(i) Fixed Stipend for Cadet Training :
Stipend to Gentlemen or Lady Cadets during the entire duration of training in Service academies i.e. during training period at IMA and OTA is Rs 56,100/-p.m.*
(ii) On Successful Completion Of Training you will start earning your full salary, which is in between Rs 56,100 – Rs 1,77,500.
METHOD OF SELECTION :
- Candidates will have to give a written test.
- Those who qualified in the written test will be called for an interview (commonly known as SSB).
- If a candidate is able to get through SSB, then he will have to undergo Medical examination.
- If a candidate is declared Medically fit, then he had to wait for Merit list.
- At last if a candidate name appears in Merit list he will get selected.
NDA Exam Notification :
- will be published in the month of june & december.
- wiil be Published in Employment News and leading Daily news Paper.