WE RECOMMEND YOU TO READ THIS PAGE TILL LAST & WE CAN BET U WILL CLEAR ALL YOUR DOUBTS ABOUT THIS ENTRY.
AGE LIMIT :
20 to 24 years
- Upper age limit for Candidates holding valid and current Commercial Pilot Licence issued by DGCA (India) is relaxed up to 26 years(at the time of commencement of course).
- The date of birth accepted by the office is that entered in the Matriculation or an equivalent examination certificate.
- No other document relating to age will be accepted and no subsequent request for its change will be considered or granted
(i) a Citizen of India, or
(ii) a subject of Bhutan, or
(iii) a subject of Nepal, or
(iv) a Tibetan refugee who came over to India before the 1st January, 1962 with the
intention of permanently settling in India, or
(v) a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka
and East African Countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania,
Zambia, Malawi, Zaire and Ethiopia or Vietnam with the intention of permanently
settling in India.
Provided that a candidate belonging to categories (ii), (iii), (iv) and (v) above shall
be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the
Government of India.
Certificate of eligibility will, however, not be necessary in the case of candidates
who are Gorkha subjects of Nepal.
EDUCATION QUALIFICATION :
- NCC Air Wing Senior Division ’C’ certificate is mandatory for all candidates and validity of the certificate would be two years before the date of commencement of the course.
- candidate must be Graduate (Three Year Course) in any discipline from a recognised University with minimum 60% marks or equivalent and have passed Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 levelOR
- BE/B Tech (Four Year Course) from a recognised University with minimum 60% marks or equivalentOR
- Cleared Section A & B examination of Associate Membership of Institute Engineers (India) or Aeronautical Society of India from a recognised University with a minimum of 60% marks or equivalent.
- Final Year/semester students are also eligible to apply, provided they do not have any present backlogs at the time of AFSB Testing and produce Degree certificate issued by the University as per the date stipulated in the advertisement.
Type Of Commission :
Men has two options where as Females are only allowed for SSC entry.
PC for Men –
Candidates joining as PC officers would continue to serve till the age of superannuation.
SSC for Men & Women –
The Engagement period for SSC flying branch is fourteen years from the date of Commissioning (Not extendable).
permanent commission (PC) –
In this commission a person can work up to his retirement.
short service commission (SSC) –
In this commission a person can work only for 10 years, or can extend his service up to 14 years.
Training Period :
A candidate cannot marry until they complete their full training, A candidate who marries during training shall be discharged and will be liable to refund all expenditure incurred on him/her by the Government.
MARTIAL STATUS :
FOR IST OFFICER RANK Lt. and their equivalent ranks in Air force and Navy.
(i) Fixed Stipend for Cadet Training :
Stipend to Gentlemen or Lady Cadets during the entire duration of training in Service academies i.e. during training period at IMA or OTA or AFA is Rs 56,100/-p.m.*
(ii) On Successful Completion Of Training you will start earning your full salary, which is in between Rs 56,100 – Rs 1,77,500.
Method of Selection :
- All applicants will be called for testing at one of the Air Force Selection Boards (AFSBs).
- Candidates who will manage to clear interview, will had to undergo Medical Examination.
- Medically fit candidates then had to wait for the Merit list and those whose names appear in Merit list will be selected.