I PERSONALLY RECOMMEND YOU TO READ THIS PAGE TILL LAST & I CAN BET U WILL CLEAR ALL YOUR DOUBTS ABOUT THIS ENTRY.
Ground duty Technical Branch is also known as Aeronautical Engineering.
This branch is further divided on the basis of on a candidates stream of Engineering and the subject he studied i.e –
a. Aeronautical Engineering Electronics
b. Aeronautical Engineering Mechanical
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR FILLING UP THIS FORM :
AGE LIMIT :
20 to 26 years
Important points :
- The date of birth accepted by the office is that entered in the Matriculation or an equivalent examination certificate.
- No other document relating to age will be accepted and no subsequent request for its change will be considered or granted.
(i) a Citizen of India, or
(ii) a subject of Bhutan, or
(iii) a subject of Nepal, or
(iv) a Tibetan refugee who came over to India before the 1st January, 1962 with the
intention of permanently settling in India, or
(v) a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka
and East African Countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania,
Zambia, Malawi, Zaire and Ethiopia or Vietnam with the intention of permanently
settling in India.
Provided that a candidate belonging to categories (ii), (iii), (iv) and (v) above shall
be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the
Government of India.
Certificate of eligibility will, however, not be necessary in the case of candidates
who are Gorkha subjects of Nepal.
EDUCATION QUALIFICATION :
Based on a candidates stream of Engineering and the subject he studied, he can join the sub branches of ground duty (tech) branch.
Education Qualification For Aeronautical Engineering Electronics :
a minimum of 60% marks each in Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level is required and have undergone one of the following educational qualifications:-
- Candidate should have a minimum of four year graduation / integrated post-graduation qualification in Engineering / Technology from recognised university
Cleared Section A and B examination of Associate Membership of Institution of Engineers (India)
Cleared Section A and B examination of Aeronautical Society of India
Graduate membership examination of the Institute of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers by actual studies with a minimum of 60% marks or equivalent in the following disciplines :
1. Electronics and Computer Science.
2. Electronics and/ or Telecommunication Engineering.
3. Electronics and / or Telecommunication Engineering (Microwave).
4. Electronics and computer Engineering
5. Electronics Communication and Instrumentation Engineering.
6. Electronics Instrument & Control.
7. Electronics Instrument & Control Engineering.
8. Instrumentation & Control Engineering.
9. Instrument & Control Engineering.
10. Information Technology.
11. Electronics and Communication Engineering
12. Communication Engineering.
13. Computer Engineering / Technology.
14. Computer Engineering & Application.
15. Computer Science and Engineering / Technology
16. Electrical and Computer Engineering.
17. Electrical and Electronics Engineering.
18. Electrical Engineering.
19. Electronics Engineering / Technology.
20. Electronics Science and Engineering.
Education Qualification For Aeronautical Engineering Mechanical :
a minimum of 60% marks each in Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level is required and have undergone any one of the following educational qualifications:-
- A candidate should have a minimum of four year degree graduation / integrated post-graduation qualification in Engineering / Technology from recognised university OR
- Cleared Section A and B examination of Associate Membership of Institution of Engineers (India) OR
- Cleared section A and B examination of Aeronautical Society of India by actual studies
With a minimum of 60% marks or equivalent in the following disciplines:-
- Aerospace Engineering
- Aeronautical Engineering
- Aircraft Maintenance Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering and Automation
- Mechanical Engineering (Production)
- Mechanical Engineering (Repair and Maintenance)
- Industrial Engineering
Type Of Commission :
Men has two options where as Females are only allowed for SSC entry i.e Permanent Commission (for men) / Short Service Commission (For men and women).
permanent commission (PC) –
In this commission a person can work up to his retirement.
short service commission (SSC) –
In this commission a person can work only for 10 years, or can extend his service up to 14 years.
Training Period :
A candidate cannot marry until they complete their full training, A candidate who marries during training shall be discharged and will be liable to refund all expenditure incurred on him/her by the Government.
MARTIAL STATUS :
Candidates below the age of 25 years should be unmarried.
FOR IST OFFICER RANK Lt. and their equivalent ranks in Air force and Navy.
(i) Fixed Stipend for Cadet Training :
Stipend to Gentlemen or Lady Cadets during the entire duration of training in Service academies i.e. during training period at IMA or OTA or AFA is Rs 56,100/-p.m.*
(ii) On Successful Completion Of Training you will start earning your full salary, which is in between Rs 56,100 – Rs 1,77,500.
Method of Selection :
- A candidate had to appear for AFCAT Test immediately followed by another Test EKT (Engineering Knowledge Test) which is compulsory for every candidate appearing for Ground Duty Non-Technical entry.
- Those candidate who is successful in qualifying test will be called for an interview (SSB)
- If a candidate is able to clear interview, then he had to undergo Medial Examination.
- If a candidate is also declared medically fit then he/she had to wait for Merit List, at last only those candidates whose name is there in Merit List will be selected.